EXTENDED DAY OPENINGS
EXTENDED DAY OPENINGS!
Thursday Extended Day has quite a few openings! Great way for your soon to be Kindergartner to experience a longer day! Please contact Robbie if you are interested.
MORNING CAMP AT CNS
Rise and Shine Morning Camp (for kids ages 3-6)
June 19-23, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
We’ll start each day with a little playful yoga, then get busy making a delicious brunch together. Your kids will come home entertained, fed, and with recipes to recreate at home.
Social Committee Update
Hike at Great Brook State Farm in Carlisle – Sunday, June 4 at 10AM
Join your classmates for a kid-friendly trail walk. After the hike stick around to enjoy all that Great Brook has to offer. Enjoy a picnic on the lawn while watching frogs, tadpoles and swans swim in the pond, explore the “smart” barn, feed the animals at the petting zoo or grab an ice cream cone.
Sent from my iPhone
Thanks for continuing to bring in items for us to send to Terracycle! Please do NOT bring in snack bags at this time as we are still on the waitlist for this program and have limited storage capacity at CNS (if you’d like, please collect these at home and I’ll send out an update if/when we are able to start collecting snack bags).
Here is a reminder of the items that we ARE currently able to accept:
1. Single-serving food pouches (ex apple sauce, baby/toddler food)
2. Foil-lined wrappers for granola, energy, meal replacement, and protein bars
3. Toiletries (toothpaste tubes, toothbrushes, lipstick/lipbalm tubes, and containers for floss/deodorant/hair/skin/cosmetic products)
4. Plastic liners from inside cereal boxes and plastic cereal bags
5. Brita filters/packaging
Thanks again for your participation!
On Sat 5/21 Temple Isaiah in Lexington will be holding “Mitzvah Day,” a family-friendly event with multiple projects involving assembling donations for various (mostly secular) organizations throughout the Boston area. It’s a great opportunity to teach even young kids of any/no religious affiliation the joy of helping others, and is followed by a delicious complimentary BBQ. Please check out this link to learn more.
I will also be placing a bag in the CNS front closet to accept donations of the following items:
1. Travel-size toiletries
2. Items for gift bags for new moms in challenging living situations (baby books/clothes/toiletries/bibs/washcloths/wipes, “treat” items for moms like lotion, etc.) Baby items should be new.
3. Cat/dog food/toys
4. Old CDs/DVDs (will be turned into decorations)
5. Old phones/chargers (will be donated as emergency phones)
6. Socks (OK if singles or have holes, will be filled with catnip and turned into cat toys).
Thanks for your support!
(Community Giving / Sustainability Coordinator)
LEXFUN CONSIGNMENT SALE!!
Mark your calendars! The annual LexFUN Consignment Sale will be on Saturday, May 20th at the Lexington High School field house. If you are looking for gently-used children’s clothing and outerwear, toys, games, books, baby/kid gear and equipment including bicycles — it’s worth carving out the time to check out this sale. The selection is massive, high-quality and very well-organized.
If you have a basement or attic full of baby or kid stuff you’re no longer using, consider selling them at the Consignment Sale — or donating them to the sale.
If you sell, you receive half of the proceeds and the other half goes to the LexFUND preschool scholarship fund.
If you donate, 100% of the proceeds will go to the scholarship fund.
Our afternoon babysitter is looking for some morning hours. She’s a mother of two, very responsible, and we like her very much. For details contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting CNS is easy through our partnership with amazon.com
. Whenever you shop using our affiliate link, Amazon will contribute 4 to 10% of sales to CNS at no additional cost to you. The more items purchased through these links, the greater the percentage the CNS receives on each sale. Last school year we brought in over $2500 to the school. Let’s see if we can double it in 2015-2016! Step 1 – Shop Amazon’s wide selection by accessing it through this shortcut: http://goo.gl/tvYPCQ
or visit: www.cnslex.org/amazon/
and click on the SchoolRewards image. (If you do not see the image, check if your browser has ad blockers enabled and disable it.) Step 2 – Bookmark it! Step 3 – Shop often Step 4 – Share it with your family and friends Nothing comes without fine print. Here are the important details for you to know:
● Order matters: You need to link, shop, and check out, in that order. If you don’t click on our link first, but go to Amazon in your usual way, put things in your cart, and then remember to click on the link and check out – your sale will not earn us funds. You have to click our link before you put anything in your cart. ● The clock matters: If you use the link, put something in your cart within 24 hours, but don’t want to buy it right away, that is fine – the purchase will still earn us funds if you finalize it within 90 days: just remember to link before you checkout. ● One purchase session per link session: Arriving at Amazon through our link is good for 24 hours or until you actually place your order – after that, you need to link again. So if you link, complete a purchase, and then need to make another purchase, you have to link again in order for the purchase to earn us funds. ● You won’t see anything that identifies you as a CNS shopper. Don’t worry – as long as you used the CNS link and follow the order and clock guidelines, your purchase will count. Thank you for your support! Please note that Amazon is not directly supporting CNS. They are simply giving us a referral fee for sending customers their way via our website. If you want us to check on any items to make sure they are ending up on our earnings, we have that ability to see the full earnings report, however it does not link buyers to items, so your privacy is secure.
Are you searching for something to buy or borrow? Do you have something to give or sell? Is there something going on in the Lexington or surrounding community you’d like to share with the CNS community? Here is the place to share it. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Have ideas or submissions for the CNS Newsletter? Email Julie Lippert, CNS clerk. Please send submissions as you would like them to appear in the Newsletter by Friday afternoon.