This will be the last newsletter this year from me… Our middle roomer, Sylvie, is moving on to kindergarten next year, so we will miss our amazing CNS family and home. Hope everyone has a wonderful summer, and I hope to stay connected with as many of you as we can!
CUB SCOUT SUPER SOAKER BLAST!
Pack 160 Lexington
Wednesday, June 14
7:00 – 8:00 pm
Tower Park (near Season’s Four)
Rain date Thursday, June 15
This is an opportunity for pre-K through fourth grade boys and their families in the Fiske, Bridge, Bowman, Waldorf and Montessori school districts to meet members of the Pack and learn more about scouting.
Bring your favorite water toy, extra water for refueling, and a towel.
The Cub Scouting program encourages group and family involvement in activities that help boys learn to respect their home, country and other people, as well as:
- Develop personal independence
- Learn new physical skills through sports, crafts and games
- Learn how to get along with others through group activities
- Expand mental skills learning about their community and the world around them
- Learn to make values-based decisions that assist them throughout their adult life.
For more information, please contact Kevin Colburn at Pack160.Cubmaster@gmail.com or 617-872-9761.
If anyone is interested in Cub Scouts with a Kindergarten boy, there is a new Lion Cub Pilot Program we are trying out in Lexington this Fall. You are welcome to contact CNS Mom Anne Manuel (Mom to Andrew leaving the Far room) firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or go online to http://www.scoutwire.org/lion
Keep your eye out for the next Lexington Co-op on Saturday June 24!
You will see some of CNS’s own crafty members as vendors.
Details will be listed on the Lexington Co-op website at http://www.avrambaskin.com/LLF/lexington-coop/
Zlender family is looking for a dog friendly 2-3+ bedroom condo/ apartment/ house for rent. Somewhere with easy access to route 2 (commuting to Lincoln and Downtown Boston). If you might know of anything please let Tamara know at email@example.com
Supporting CNS is easy through our partnership with amazon.com
. Whenever you shop using our affiliate link, Amazon will contribute 4 to 10% of sales to CNS at no additional cost to you. The more items purchased through these links, the greater the percentage the CNS receives on each sale. Last school year we brought in over $2500 to the school. Let’s see if we can double it in 2015-2016! Step 1 – Shop Amazon’s wide selection by accessing it through this shortcut: http://goo.gl/tvYPCQ
or visit: www.cnslex.org/amazon/
and click on the SchoolRewards image. (If you do not see the image, check if your browser has ad blockers enabled and disable it.) Step 2 – Bookmark it! Step 3 – Shop often Step 4 – Share it with your family and friends Nothing comes without fine print. Here are the important details for you to know:
● Order matters: You need to link, shop, and check out, in that order. If you don’t click on our link first, but go to Amazon in your usual way, put things in your cart, and then remember to click on the link and check out – your sale will not earn us funds. You have to click our link before you put anything in your cart. ● The clock matters: If you use the link, put something in your cart within 24 hours, but don’t want to buy it right away, that is fine – the purchase will still earn us funds if you finalize it within 90 days: just remember to link before you checkout. ● One purchase session per link session: Arriving at Amazon through our link is good for 24 hours or until you actually place your order – after that, you need to link again. So if you link, complete a purchase, and then need to make another purchase, you have to link again in order for the purchase to earn us funds. ● You won’t see anything that identifies you as a CNS shopper. Don’t worry – as long as you used the CNS link and follow the order and clock guidelines, your purchase will count. Thank you for your support! Please note that Amazon is not directly supporting CNS. They are simply giving us a referral fee for sending customers their way via our website. If you want us to check on any items to make sure they are ending up on our earnings, we have that ability to see the full earnings report, however it does not link buyers to items, so your privacy is secure.
Are you searching for something to buy or borrow? Do you have something to give or sell? Is there something going on in the Lexington or surrounding community you’d like to share with the CNS community? Here is the place to share it. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Have ideas or submissions for the CNS Newsletter? Email Julie Lippert, CNS clerk. Please send submissions as you would like them to appear in the Newsletter by Friday afternoon.