CNS Holiday Market & Social
Come join us for the first CNS Holiday Market & Social. This Sunday, December 4 from 7-9pm in the studio. Come visit with friends and support local small businesses! Beauty products, jewelry, bags, succulents, children’s books and more. A portion of proceeds will go back to CNS. Do some holiday shopping and enjoy a night out! Contact Ali with questions. Alilynch@gmail.com or 617-605-8070.
CNS OPEN HOUSE DECEMBER 4:
Do you know someone who is thinking about preschool for the 2017-2018 school year? CNS is now enrolling for September 2017, and is holding an enrollment open house on Sunday, December 4th, 11am-1pm, where prospective families will:
- Discover how CNS engages children to be creative, inquisitive, independent, and ready for elementary school, and fosters a community that enriches the whole family
- Meet Director Liz O’Neil and learn about CNS’s preschool programs, including enrichment programs such as yoga, music, cooking, and art
- Tour the classrooms and studio and explore the two-acre playground and property
We will be collecting disposable diapers of all sizes (including individual diapers, open bags, and swim diapers) for donation to help local low income families. There will be a collection box by the front desk from now until Friday December 16th. Donations will be sent to the Diaper Depot in Waltham. Please note that we will plan to collect donations of pre-owned cloth diapers at the end of the school year, though if anyone has a large supply of cloth diapers that they’d like to donate sooner please contact Lisa at email@example.com .
Diaper Need Facts:
● One out of three families struggle to buy diapers.
● Diapers can cost up to $100 per month per child and cannot be purchased through government assistance programs such as WIC and food stamps.
● Families with an inadequate supply of clean diapers may attempt to wash and reuse disposable diapers, keep their children in soiled diapers for extended periods, and be denied participation in day care (preventing parents from working).
Thanks for your support!!
DON’T THROW THAT OUT YET….
CLEAN OUT YOUR HOME WHILE HELPING CNS CLASSROOMS!!!
CNS teachers are always on the lookout for interesting and unique recyclables of all kids. Before you place household trash in your recycling bins, consider if they might have a second life as inspiration for a preschool art or construction project. Please keep this in mind year round, and especially as you look at your leftover holiday gift wrapping/packaging. Please bring any donated materials to the storage area in the studio. No styrofoam please!
Are you searching for something to buy or borrow? Do you have something to give or sell? Is there something going on in the Lexington or surrounding community you’d like to share with the CNS community? Here is the place to share it. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Have ideas or submissions for the CNS Newsletter? Email Julie Lippert, CNS clerk. Please send submissions as you would like them to appear in the Newsletter by Friday afternoon.