FIRST, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
WISHING YOU ALL A HOLIDAY FULL OF GRATITUDE, DELICIOUS FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS & FAMILY, AND AS LITTLE POLITICAL ARGUING AS POSSIBLE.
HOLDIDAY SHOWCASE OPPORTUNITY…
CNS OPEN HOUSE DECEMBER 4:
- Discover how CNS engages children to be creative, inquisitive, independent, and ready for elementary school, and fosters a community that enriches the whole family
- Meet Director Liz O’Neil and learn about CNS’s preschool programs, including enrichment programs such as yoga, music, cooking, and art
- Tour the classrooms and studio and explore the two-acre playground and property
We will be collecting disposable diapers of all sizes (including individual diapers, open bags, and swim diapers) for donation to help local low income families. There will be a collection box by the front desk from now until Friday December 16th. Donations will be sent to the Diaper Depot in Waltham. Please note that we will plan to collect donations of pre-owned cloth diapers at the end of the school year, though if anyone has a large supply of cloth diapers that they’d like to donate sooner please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Diaper Need Facts:
● One out of three families struggle to buy diapers.
● Diapers can cost up to $100 per month per child and cannot be purchased through government assistance programs such as WIC and food stamps.
● Families with an inadequate supply of clean diapers may attempt to wash and reuse disposable diapers, keep their children in soiled diapers for extended periods, and be denied participation in day care (preventing parents from working).
Thanks for your support!!
DON’T THROW THAT OUT YET….
CLEAN OUT YOUR HOME WHILE HELPING CNS CLASSROOMS!!!
CNS teachers are always on the lookout for interesting and unique recyclables of all kids. Before you place household trash in your recycling bins, consider if they might have a second life as inspiration for a preschool art or construction project. Please keep this in mind year round, and especially as you look at your leftover holiday gift wrapping/packaging. Please bring any donated materials to the storage area in the studio. No styrofoam please!
Supporting CNS is easy through our partnership with amazon.com. Whenever you shop using our affiliate link, Amazon will contribute 4 to 10% of sales to CNS at no additional cost to you. The more items purchased through these links, the greater the percentage the CNS receives on each sale. Last school year we brought in over $2500 to the school. Let’s see if we can double it in 2015-2016!
Step 1 – Shop Amazon’s wide selection by accessing it through this shortcut: http://goo.gl/tvYPCQ or visit: www.cnslex.org/amazon/ and click on the SchoolRewards image. (If you do not see the image, check if your browser has ad blockers enabled and disable it.)
Step 2 – Bookmark it!
Step 3 – Shop often
Step 4 – Share it with your family and friends
Nothing comes without fine print. Here are the important details for you to know:
● Order matters: You need to link, shop, and check out, in that order. If you don’t click on our link first, but go to Amazon in your usual way, put things in your cart, and then remember to click on the link and check out – your sale will not earn us funds. You have to click our link before you put anything in your cart.
● The clock matters: If you use the link, put something in your cart within 24 hours, but don’t want to buy it right away, that is fine – the purchase will still earn us funds if you finalize it within 90 days: just remember to link before you checkout.
● One purchase session per link session: Arriving at Amazon through our link is good for 24 hours or until you actually place your order – after that, you need to link again. So if you link, complete a purchase, and then need to make another purchase, you have to link again in order for the purchase to earn us funds.
● You won’t see anything that identifies you as a CNS shopper. Don’t worry – as long as you used the CNS link and follow the order and clock guidelines, your purchase will count.
Thank you for your support! Please note that Amazon is not directly supporting CNS. They are simply giving us a referral fee for sending customers their way via our website.
If you want us to check on any items to make sure they are ending up on our earnings, we have that ability to see the full earnings report, however it does not link buyers to items, so your privacy is secure.
Are you searching for something to buy or borrow? Do you have something to give or sell? Is there something going on in the Lexington or surrounding community you’d like to share with the CNS community? Here is the place to share it.
Have ideas or submissions for the CNS Newsletter? Email Julie Lippert, CNS clerk. Please send submissions as you would like them to appear in the Newsletter by Friday afternoon.